Malaysia is a fascinating and enchanting nation of different races, cultures and religions, co-existing in harmony in a tropical paradise in the heart of Southeast Asia. Malaysia comprises two distinct land areas, West Malaysia and East Malaysia. East Malaysia consists of a federal territory and two large states, namely Sabah and Sarawak, which occupy the north of Borneo Island. West Malaysia consists of 11 states and 2 federal territories.
The country is 8 hours ahead of the GMT and 16 hours ahead of the US Pacific Standard Time. The climate is warm and humid throughout the year. Malaysia is a physically blessed country which does not experience drastic weather changes or natural calamities. Temperatures are around 30oC during the day and 22oC at night. Light, cotton, cool and casual clothing is recommended all year round. Malaysia is known as Asia's food paradise. A place to have huge varieties of cuisines which includes vegetarian to western.
- An international standard & high quality education monitored by the Education Ministry
- Competitive course fees and an extensive selection of popular courses.
- A wide range of study options and universities and colleges to choose from.
- Twinning degrees
- Degree programmes conducted in Malaysia, which offer a cost-effective route for quality education and qualifications from universities in the UK,USA,Canada,NZ Etc.
- Foreign Universities operating in Malaysia, which enable students to acquire their prestigious university qualifications in a country that has lower living expenses.
- Wide usage of English, which makes living and studying easy for students
- Life in a multicultural society, where Malaysians of different races and religions
- 50,000 international students from more than 100 countries
- Hassle-free immigration procedures.
- Affordable living expenses, which can be as low as RM1000.00 per year.
- Student-friendly laws - International students can work part-time for 20 hrs per week
- An economically sound and socially safe country,
- Stable government and a low serious crime rate.
- A geographically safe environment, situated in a zone free from natural disasters.
- A food paradise which has a huge variety of cuisines available
- An excellent transportation system, which allows for easy
There are over 700 private higher educational institutions and Universities in Malaysia. Many American and British Universities have set up their campuses in Malaysia for Malaysian as well as international students who wish to study in Malaysia at a lower cost.
All these universities and courses are approved by the Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia. All courses approved by a country's Ministry of Higher Education stand approved by any other country's Ministry of Higher Education world-wide
In the Malaysian education structure, there are six categories of educational institutions which are governed by two Ministries, namely:
- Pre-tertiary Level
- Tertiary Level
There are 3 intakes throughout the year.
Cost of Education
- UG : RM 35000 - RM 40000
- PG: RM 40000 - RM 50000
- Research : RM 58000 - RM 60000
Another attraction for international students to study in Malaysia is the relatively cheap cost of living. The total cost of expenditure for accommodation is reasonable. The average monthly rental for a single room per student is between RM300-RM450. Other expenses such as food, transportation, etc are estimated between RM700-RM950 per month. The average total cost of living will range from RM 12000 to RM17000 per year.